Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Change



Last night was a night for the history books and I am proud of our country. I am grateful that I have gotten to experience true history in the making and be apart of it. The next few years will be difficult but I believe a new direction will take us far, and hopefully to a better place. Our country has come such a long ways over the last 50 years and I am so proud of what we stand for today.

I have become lately obsessed with alternative processes in photography. Though I have yet to try many, I am attempting to learn as much about them as I can before experiencing them. One has really struck my attention. The Collodion Process. I have been reading a lot on it, but I am a nervous to try it without someone who is experienced in it. I'm a smart girl. But I don't even know where to begin.

For about 3 months I have drowned myself in the idea of attending an art school in the Fall of 2009. Sad part is my deadlines are rushing upon me quickly and I'm still focusing on my portfolio. Time sure does fly by the older you get, but I am glad I am focusing on myself for a change, and my future for myself.

As some of you know, I went through some life changing events this Summer. I have taken a lot of personal time to get things back in order and I believe they are finally looking up. I have met a wonderful guy, who is absolutely inspiring to me and very kind to me. Well become in contact again after two years. He's great and really helps me to express how I feel verbally and through my photography. Though men will always frustrate me, I'm happy.

I need to start networking again. I've been lazy these last few months when it comes to the future of my photography, besides with school. I also need to start trying to sell some of my images and gain some new clients. I'm broke and I need money, isn't everyone chanting that these days.

No comments: